Internet Explorer 7 With Flash Slow on Windows Vista

I have recently been having some problems running Internet Explorer on Vista Ultimate. After a long drawn out process of disabling Add-Ons I found that it was a problem with Flash - that coupled with the occassional script errors I was getting gave it away! The thing that stopped me looking into it being a Flash problem straight away was that the same websites viewed on Firefox and Safari worked fine so don't let this fool you too.

Now, I thought that I had the latest version of Flash as I had downloaded Flash 9 a couple of weeks earlier but it seems that wasn't the case. There is a file that you need to run in order to get the version of Flash that works with Vista. It is at C:\Windows\System32\macromed\flash\FlashUtil9d.exe. Note that depending on your version of Flash the 9d may be 9b or 9e etc. Magically, after you run this file Flash will start working properly again.

Ion e-Business run a website design company in Mission Beach, far North Queensland.

No comments: